Related occupations for task:
Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
- Inspect and test docks, ships, buoyage systems, plant intakes or outflows, or underwater pipelines, cables, or sewers, using closed circuit television, still photography, and testing equipment.
- Carry out non-destructive testing, such as tests for cracks on the legs of oil rigs at sea.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test equipment for overheating, using speed gauges and thermometers.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Test air lines and air cylinders on pneumatically operated gates.
See more related occupations >>