Related occupations for task:
Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
- Inspect and test docks, ships, buoyage systems, plant intakes or outflows, or underwater pipelines, cables, or sewers, using closed circuit television, still photography, and testing equipment.
- Carry out non-destructive testing, such as tests for cracks on the legs of oil rigs at sea.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Test valves and regulators for leaks and accurate temperature and pressure settings, using precision testing equipment.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
See more related occupations >>