Related occupations for task:
Operate tracing attachments to duplicate contours from templates or models.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
- Mark and drill holes in jewelry mountings in order to center stones according to design specifications.
- Lay out designs on metal stock, and cut along markings to fabricate pieces used to cast metal molds.
- Chase decorative designs on silver blanks that are to be used as models for steel production dies.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Mark curves, lines, holes, dimensions, and welding symbols onto workpieces, using scribes, soapstones, punches, and hand drills.
- Compute layout dimensions, and determine and mark reference points on metal stock or workpieces for further processing, such as welding and assembly.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to workpieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Draw markings or pin appliques on fabric to obtain variations in design.
- Position and mark patterns on materials to prepare for sewing.
See more related occupations >>