Related occupations for task:
Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Draw smelted metal samples from furnaces or kettles for analysis, and calculate types and amounts of materials needed to ensure that materials meet specifications.
- Kindle fires, and shovel fuel and other materials into furnaces or onto conveyors by hand, with hoists, or by directing crane operators.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity, acidity, or specific gravity.
- Notify or signal other workers to operate equipment or when processing is complete.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Signal coworkers to synchronize flow of materials.
- Take product samples during or after processing for laboratory analyses.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Signal other workers by telephone or radio to operate pumps, open and close valves, and check temperatures.
- Collect product samples by turning bleeder valves, or by lowering containers into tanks to obtain oil samples.
See more related occupations >>