Related occupations for task:
Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Straighten, smooth, or shape materials to prepare them for pressing.
- Shrink, stretch, or block articles by hand to conform to original measurements, using forms, blocks, and steam.
- Position materials such as cloth garments, felt, or straw on tables, dies, or feeding mechanisms of pressing machines, or on ironing boards or work tables.
- Block or shape knitted garments after cleaning.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Fold or shape materials before or after cutting them.
- Stretch webbing and fabric, using webbing stretchers.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Shape shoe heels with a knife, and sand them on a buffing wheel for smoothness.
See all 8 related occupations >>