Related occupations for task:
Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Guide workpieces against saws, saw over workpieces by hand, or operate automatic feeding devices to guide cuts.
- Pull tables back against stops and depress pedals to advance cutterheads that shape stock ends.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
See all 20 related occupations >>