Related occupations for task:
Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Enter commands or load control media, such as tapes, cards, or disks, into machine controllers to retrieve programmed instructions.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Implement changes to machine programs, and enter new specifications, using computers.
- Input initial part dimensions into machine control panels.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns, graphic displays, or programs that transfer data to other media.
- Enter coordinates of hole locations into program memories by depressing pedals or buttons of programmers.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to start machines.
See more related occupations >>