Related occupations for task:
Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Rinse coated objects in cleansing liquids and dry them with cloths, centrifugal driers, or by tumbling in sawdust-filled barrels.
- Operate sandblasting equipment to roughen and clean surfaces of workpieces.
- Clean and maintain equipment, using water hoses and scrapers.
- Clean workpieces, using wire brushes.
- Perform equipment maintenance, such as cleaning tanks and lubricating moving parts of conveyors.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment, using solvents, brushes, and rags.
- Clean surfaces of workpieces in preparation for coating, using cleaning fluids, solvents, brushes, scrapers, steam, sandpaper, or cloth.
- Rinse, drain, or wipe coated workpieces to remove excess coating material or to facilitate setting of finish coats on workpieces.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Clean workpieces to remove dirt or excess acid, using chemical solutions, files, wire brushes, or grinders.
- Clean joints of workpieces with wire brushes or by dipping them into cleaning solutions.
- Clean equipment parts, such as tips of soldering irons, using chemical solutions or cleaning compounds.
See more related occupations >>