||Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Render drawings, illustrations, and sketches of buildings, manufactured products, or models, working from sketches, blueprints, memory, models, or reference materials.
- Shade and fill in sketch outlines and backgrounds, using a variety of media such as water colors, markers, and transparent washes, labeling designated colors when necessary.
- Create and prepare sketches and model drawings of cartoon characters, providing details from memory, live models, manufactured products, or reference materials.
- Create sketches, profiles, or likenesses of posed subjects or photographs, using any combination of freehand drawing, mechanical assembly kits, and computer imaging.
- Trace drawings onto clear acetate for painting or coloring, or trace them with ink to make final copies.
- Create graphics, illustrations, and three-dimensional models to be used in research or in teaching, such as in demonstrating anatomy, pathology, or surgical procedures.
||Reporters and Correspondents
- Write online blog entries that address news developments or offer additional information, opinions, or commentary on news events.
- Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions.
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
||Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured, or animated by computer.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Mark up, paste, and complete layouts and write typography instructions to prepare materials for typesetting or printing.