Related Occupations for Task
43-2021.00 - Telephone Operators
Related occupations for task:
Interrupt busy lines if an emergency warrants.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Page individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using paging or interoffice communication equipment.
- Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Scan status charts and computer screens, and contact emergency response field units to determine emergency units available for dispatch.
- Monitor various radio frequencies such as those used by public works departments, school security, and civil defense to keep apprised of developing situations.
||Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Operate ship-to-shore radios to exchange information needed for ship operations.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
See all 10 related occupations >>