||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement, or asphalt mastic.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers, and to regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
- Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation on flat roofs.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Spray roofs, sidings, or walls to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures, using spray guns, air compressors, or heaters.
- Perform building weatherization tasks, such as repairing windows, adding insulation, or applying weather-stripping materials.
- Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.
- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Apply insulation materials, such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Wrap water heaters with water heater blankets.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices.
- Cut, miter, and glue piping insulation to insulate plumbing pipes and fittings.
- Apply ultraviolet radiation protection to prevent degradation of plumbing.