Related occupations for task:
Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
- Attach rails or tension wire along bottoms of posts to form fencing frames.
- Assemble gates, and fasten gates into position, using hand tools.
- Stretch wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attach fencing to frames.
- Erect alternate panel, basket weave, and louvered fences.
- Construct and repair barriers, retaining walls, trellises, and other types of fences, walls, and gates.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Erect, install, or repair guardrails, road shoulders, berms, highway markers, warning signals, and highway lighting, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place and remove snow fences used to prevent the accumulation of drifting snow on highways.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Position and hold timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
See all 10 related occupations >>