Related occupations for task:
Observe and monitor equipment operation during the extraction process to detect any problems.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining
- Listen to engines, rotary chains, or other equipment to detect faulty operations or unusual well conditions.
- Monitor sound wave-generating or detecting mechanisms to determine well fluid levels.
||Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Observe indicator lights and gauges, and listen to machine operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment problems.
- Monitor movement of shale along conveyors from hoppers to trucks or railcars.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Verify detonation of charges by observing control panels, or by listening for the sounds of blasts.
- Observe odometers, weight indicators, and instrument panels in trucks in order to position guns at predetermined points in wells.
||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Monitor drilling operations, checking gauges and listening to equipment to assess drilling conditions and to determine the need to adjust drilling or alter equipment.
- Observe electronic graph recorders and flow meters that monitor the water used to flush debris from holes.
||Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Observe and listen to equipment operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment malfunctions.
See all 7 related occupations >>