||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Align vehicles' front ends.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Align wheels, axles, frames, torsion bars, and steering mechanisms of automobiles, using special alignment equipment and wheel-balancing machines.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Install, adjust, or repair hydraulic or electromagnetic automatic lift mechanisms used to raise and lower automobile windows, seats, and tops.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair, fabricate, and install steel or wood fittings, using blueprints, shop sketches, and instruction manuals.
- Examine car roofs for wear and damage, and repair defective sections, using roofing material, cement, nails, and waterproof paint.
- Repair window sash frames, attach weather stripping and channels to frames, and replace window glass, using hand tools.
- Align car sides for installation of car ends and crossties, using width gauges, turnbuckles, and wrenches.
- Repair car upholstery.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Install, repair, or replace safety glass and related materials, such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Replace or adjust motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.