||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Clean and smooth molds, cores, and core boxes, and repair surface imperfections.
- Form and assemble slab cores around patterns, and position wire in mold sections to reinforce molds, using hand tools and glue.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Tend machines that bond cope and drag together to form completed shell molds.
- Rotate sweep boards around spindles to make symmetrical molds for convex impressions.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Smooth and clean inner surfaces of molds, using brushes, scrapers, air hoses, or grinding wheels, and fill imperfections with refractory material.
- Clamp metal and plywood strips around dies or patterns to form molds.
- Shape molds to specified contours, using sand, and trowels and related tools.
- Assemble shell halves, patterns, and foundry flasks, and reinforce core boxes, using glue, clamps, wire, bolts, rams, or machines.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Inspect equipment or units to detect leaks or malfunctions, shutting equipment down, if necessary.
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Construct preliminary models of wax, metal, clay, or plaster, and form sample castings in molds.
- Design and fabricate molds, models, and machine accessories, and modify hand tools used to cast metal and jewelry pieces.
- Assemble and secure mold sections used to cast metal articles and pieces.
- Build sand molds in flasks, following patterns and heat flasks to dry and harden molds, using furnaces or torches.