Related occupations for task:
Adjust equipment controls to maintain specified heat, tension, and speed.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Start washers, dry cleaners, driers, or extractors, and turn valves or levers to regulate machine processes and the volume of soap, detergent, water, bleach, starch, and other additives.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Operate dry-cleaning machines to clean soiled articles.
- Operate machines that comb, dry and polish furs, clean, sterilize and fluff feathers and blankets, or roll and package towels.
- Start pumps to operate distilling systems that drain and reclaim dry cleaning solvents.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
See more related occupations >>