||Power Plant Operators
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Operate, control, or monitor equipment, such as acid or gas carbon dioxide removal units, carbon dioxide compressors, or pipelines, to capture, store, or transport carbon dioxide exhaust.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
- Start agitators, shakers, conveyors, pumps, or centrifuge machines.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
- Turn rheostats to obtain specified temperatures in electric furnaces where glass is melted.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps or conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Control or operate manifold and pumping systems to circulate liquids through a petroleum refinery.
- Operate auxiliary equipment and control multiple processing units during distilling or treating operations, moving controls that regulate valves, pumps, compressors, and auxiliary equipment.