Related occupations for task:
Drive pilings to provide support for buildings or other structures, using heavy equipment with a pile driver head.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Operate single- or multiple-head spike driving machines to drive spikes into ties and secure rails.
- Operate track wrenches to tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends of rails together.
- Adjust controls of machines that spread, shape, raise, level, or align track, according to specifications.
- Operate single- or multiple-head spike pullers to pull old spikes from ties.
- String and attach wire-guidelines machine to rails so that tracks or rails can be aligned or leveled.
- Engage mechanisms that lay tracks or rails to specified gauges.
- Drive vehicles that automatically move and lay tracks or rails over sections of track to be constructed, repaired, or maintained.
- Turn wheels of machines, using lever controls, to adjust guidelines for track alignments or grades, following specifications.
- Push controls to close grasping devices on track or rail sections so that they can be raised or moved.
||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
- Perform specialized work, using equipment such as pile drivers, dredging rigs, drillers, or concrete pumpers.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
See all 13 related occupations >>