Related Occupations for Task
47-2142.00 - Paperhangers
Related occupations for task:
Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile, and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Prepare surfaces for tiling by attaching lath or waterproof paper, or by applying a cement mortar coat to a metal screen.
- Apply a sealer to make grout stain- and water-resistant.
- Spread mastic or other adhesive base on roof deck to form base for promenade tile, using serrated spreader.
- Brush glue onto manila paper on which design has been drawn and position tiles, finished side down, onto paper.
- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
- Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Spray roofs, sidings, or walls to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures, using spray guns, air compressors, or heaters.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices.
- Cut, miter, and glue piping insulation to insulate plumbing pipes and fittings.
- Apply ultraviolet radiation protection to prevent degradation of plumbing.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
- Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
See all 20 related occupations >>