Related occupations for task:
Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client and server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
||Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Develop new applications for geospatial technology in areas such as farmland preservation, pollution measurement, or utilities operations management.
- Design, program, or model Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or procedures.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Develop efficient and effective system controllers.
- Develop application-specific software.
||Software Developers, Applications
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
See all 16 related occupations >>