Related occupations for task:
Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Oversee the work of contractors in accordance with project requirements.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Manage teams of engineers by creating schedules, tracking inventory, creating or using budgets, or overseeing contract obligations or deadlines.
- Recommend process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
See more related occupations >>