Related Occupations for Task
17-2141.02 - Automotive Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Design or analyze automobile systems in areas such as aerodynamics, alternate fuels, ergonomics, hybrid power, brakes, transmissions, steering, calibration, safety, or diagnostics.
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Design, develop, or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Design mechatronics components for computer-controlled products, such as cameras, video recorders, automobiles, or airplanes.
- Build, configure, or test robots or robotic applications.
- Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Evaluate robotic systems or prototypes.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Evaluate performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes and conformance with national and international standards.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Conduct analyses of ships, such as stability, structural, weight, and vibration analyses.
- Establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery, heating and ventilating systems, refrigeration equipment, piping, and other functional equipment.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Determine whether selected electromechanical components comply with environmental standards and regulations.
- Modify, maintain, or repair electrical, electronic, or mechanical components, equipment, or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Evaluate the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
See all 17 related occupations >>