Related occupations for task:
Assist engineers in the development of new products, fixtures, tools, or processes.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Design photonics products, such as light sources, displays, or photovoltaics, to achieve increased energy efficiency.
- Design gas lasers, solid state lasers, infrared, or other light emitting or light sensitive devices.
- Design or redesign optical fibers to minimize energy loss.
- Develop laser-processed designs, such as laser-cut medical devices.
- Design or develop new crystals for photonics applications.
- Design laser machining equipment for purposes such as high-speed ablation.
- Develop or validate specialized materials characterization procedures, such as thermal withstand, fatigue, notch sensitivity, abrasion, or hardness tests.
- Design or develop sensors to reduce the energy or resource requirements to operate appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashing machines.
- Design sensors or switches that require little or no power to operate for environmental monitoring or industrial metering applications.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Integrate tags, readers, or software in radio frequency identification device (RFID) designs.
- Develop process flows, work instructions, or standard operating procedures for radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
See more related occupations >>