Related occupations for task:
Assist engineers in the development of new products, fixtures, tools, or processes.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Design photonics products, such as light sources, displays, or photovoltaics, to achieve increased energy efficiency.
- Design gas lasers, solid state lasers, infrared, or other light emitting or light sensitive devices.
- Design or redesign optical fibers to minimize energy loss.
- Develop laser-processed designs, such as laser-cut medical devices.
- Design or develop new crystals for photonics applications.
- Design laser machining equipment for purposes such as high-speed ablation.
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
- Devise scalable recovery, purification, or fermentation processes for producing proteins or other biological substances for human or animal therapeutic use, food production or processing, biofuels, or effluent treatment.
- Develop recovery processes to separate or purify products from fermentation broths or slurries.
- Design products to measure or monitor airborne pollutants, such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, or particulate matter.
- Develop processes or products, such as natural recovery monitoring, in situ capping or treatment, or sediment removal, to treat contamination of subaqueous sediment.
- Develop alternative processes to produce crude oil, such as extraction from diatoms or thermochemical conversion of manure or other wastes.
- Design processes to manufacture synthetic molecules for applications such as pharmaceuticals or pesticides.
- Develop or validate specialized materials characterization procedures, such as thermal withstand, fatigue, notch sensitivity, abrasion, or hardness tests.
- Design or develop sensors to reduce the energy or resource requirements to operate appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashing machines.
- Design sensors or switches that require little or no power to operate for environmental monitoring or industrial metering applications.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Integrate tags, readers, or software in radio frequency identification device (RFID) designs.
- Develop process flows, work instructions, or standard operating procedures for radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
See more related occupations >>