Related occupations for task:
Compile data for use in activities, such as gene expression profiling, genome annotation, or structural bioinformatics.
- Evaluate genetic data by performing appropriate mathematical or statistical calculations and analyses.
- Plan or conduct basic genomic and biological research related to areas such as regulation of gene expression, protein interactions, metabolic networks, and nucleic acid or protein complexes.
- Create or use statistical models for the analysis of genetic data.
- Conduct family medical studies to evaluate the genetic basis for traits or diseases.
- Design sampling plans or coordinate the field collection of samples such as tissue specimens.
- Analyze determinants responsible for specific inherited traits, and devise methods for altering traits or producing new traits.
||Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Investigate the nature, composition, or expression of genes or research how genetic engineering can impact these processes.
- Research how characteristics of plants or animals are carried through successive generations.
- Determine genetic composition of animal populations and heritability of traits, using principles of genetics.