Related occupations for task:
Collect geospatial data, using technologies such as aerial photography, light and radio wave detection systems, digital satellites, or thermal energy systems.
- Gather and compile geographic data from sources such as censuses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Collect data on physical characteristics of specified areas, such as geological formations, climates, and vegetation, using surveying or meteorological equipment.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Collect geological data from potential geothermal energy plant sites.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Collect information about soil or field attributes, yield data, or field boundaries, using field data recorders and basic geographic information systems (GIS).
||Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Gather information from geographic information systems (GIS) databases or applications to formulate land use recommendations.