Related occupations for task:
Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Identify, monitor, or treat pregnancy-related problems such as hypertension, gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, or retarded fetal growth.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Assess the status of post-date pregnancies to determine treatments and interventions.
- Estimate patients' due dates and re-evaluate as necessary based on examination results.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Diagnose acute or chronic conditions that could result in rapid physiological deterioration or life-threatening instability.
- Assess urgent and emergent health conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal developmental and age-related physiological and behavioral changes in acute, critical, and chronic illness.
||Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, or operating rooms.
- Diagnose or treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
||Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Evaluate patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs and priority of treatment.
- Identify factors that may affect patient management, such as age, gender, barriers to communication, and underlying disease.
- Select, request, perform, or interpret diagnostic procedures, such as laboratory tests, electrocardiograms, emergency ultrasounds, and radiographs.
See more related occupations >>