Related occupations for task:
Gather and evaluate information, using tools such as aerial photographs, radar equipment, or sensitive radio equipment.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
||Gaming Surveillance Officers and Gaming Investigators
- Observe casino or casino hotel operations for irregular activities, such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.