Related occupations for task:
Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations, and issue hazardous materials permits to facilities found in compliance.
- Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Examine and inventory firefighting equipment, such as axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers, to determine amount and condition.
- Inspect camp sites to ensure that campers are in compliance with forest use regulations.
||Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Maintain fire suppression equipment in good condition, checking equipment periodically to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Inspect stations, uniforms, equipment, or recreation areas to ensure compliance with safety standards, taking corrective action as necessary.
||Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Inspect conditions of locks, window bars, grills, doors, and gates at correctional facilities to ensure security and help prevent escapes.
- Conduct fire, safety, and sanitation inspections.
||Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars, J-bars, or chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
See all 13 related occupations >>