Related Occupations for Task
27-3041.00 - Editors
Related occupations for task:
Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
||Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
- Revise written material to meet personal standards and to satisfy needs of clients, publishers, directors, or producers.
- Adapt text to accommodate musical requirements of composers and singers.
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Compose and edit scripts or provide screenwriters with story outlines from which scripts can be written.
||Reporters and Correspondents
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
- Review written, audio, or video copy and correct errors in content, grammar, or punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
||Broadcast News Analysts
- Edit news material to ensure that it fits within available time or space.
See all 9 related occupations >>