Related occupations for task:
Install and seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Install attic ventilation systems, such as turbine vents, gable or ridge vents, or conventional or solar-powered exhaust fans.
- Apply modular soil- and plant-containing grids over existing roof membranes to create green roofs.
- Install layers of vegetation-based green roofs, including protective membranes, drainage, aeration, water retention and filter layers, soil substrates, irrigation materials, and plants.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Pack spaces between moldings and glass with glazing compounds and trim excess material with glazing knives.
- Perform site activities required of green certified construction practices, such as implementing waste management procedures, identifying materials for reuse, or installing erosion or sedimentation control mechanisms.
- Perform construction laborer duties at green building sites, such as renewable energy plants or wind turbine installations.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels.
- Correct surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked, or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, or grouting materials.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
See all 15 related occupations >>