Related Occupations for Task
27-3041.00 - Editors
Related occupations for task:
Interview and hire writers and reporters or negotiate contracts, royalties, and payments for authors or freelancers.
- Audition and interview performers to match their attributes to specific roles or to increase the pool of available acting talent.
- Select performers for roles or submit lists of suitable performers to producers or directors for final selection.
- Negotiate contract agreements with performers, with agents, or between performers and agents or production companies.
- Review performer information, such as photos, resumes, voice tapes, videos, and union membership, to decide whom to audition for parts.
- Hire and supervise workers who help locate people with specified attributes and talents.
||Coaches and Scouts
- Plan strategies and choose team members for individual games or sports seasons.
- Hire, supervise, and work with extended coaching staff.
- Negotiate with professional athletes or their representatives to obtain services and arrange contracts.
||Producers and Directors
- Negotiate with parties, including independent producers and the distributors and broadcasters who will be handling completed productions.
- Hire principal cast members and crew members, such as art directors, cinematographers, and costume designers.
- Hold auditions for parts or negotiate contracts with actors determined suitable for specific roles.
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.
- Hire, train, and direct staff members who develop design concepts into art layouts or who prepare layouts for printing.
||Music Directors and Composers
- Audition and select performers for musical presentations.
- Perform administrative tasks such as applying for grants, developing budgets, negotiating contracts, and designing and printing programs and other promotional materials.
See all 7 related occupations >>