Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.01 - Acute Care Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Select, order, or administer anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids or blood products as necessary.
- Monitor patients' responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Administer post-anesthesia medications or fluids to support patients' cardiovascular systems.
- Evaluate patients' post-surgical or post-anesthesia responses, taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation if complications occur.
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Set up or monitor the administration of oxygen or medications.
- Monitor patient intra-operative status, including patient position, vital signs, or volume and color of blood.
- Assist in volume replacement or autotransfusion techniques.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Observe the behavior and condition of animals and monitor their clinical symptoms.
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients, including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure or heart rate.
- Administer blood, blood products, or supportive fluids.
See more related occupations >>