Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.03 - Critical Care Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, or pressure lines.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Attach electrodes to the patients' chests, arms, and legs, connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine, and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Use dental air turbines, hand instruments, dental appliances, or surgical implements.
- Remove diseased tissue, using surgical instruments.
- Maintain an unobstructed operative field, using surgical retractors, sponges, or suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Clamp, ligate, or cauterize blood vessels to control bleeding during surgical entry, using hemostatic clamps, suture ligatures, or electrocautery equipment.
- Gather, arrange, or assemble instruments or supplies.
||Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Measure and record lens power, using lensometers.
- Assess refractive condition of eyes, using retinoscope.
See more related occupations >>