Related Occupations for Task
29-1151.00 - Nurse Anesthetists
Related occupations for task:
Perform or evaluate the results of diagnostic tests, such as radiographs (x-rays) and electrocardiograms (EKGs).
||Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Operate or oversee operation of radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Perform procedures, such as linear tomography, mammography, sonograms, joint and cyst aspirations, routine contrast studies, routine fluoroscopy, or examinations of the head, trunk, or extremities under supervision of physician.
- Operate fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide wire or catheter through blood vessels to area of interest.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, or bodily masses, such as fluid accumulations.
- Determine whether scope of exam should be extended, based on findings.
- Record and store suitable images, using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Load and unload film cassettes used to record images from procedures.
- Perform or interpret the outcomes of procedures or diagnostic tests, such as lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography, and nerve conduction velocity tests.
- Order or interpret results of laboratory analyses of patients' blood or cerebrospinal fluid.
- Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results.
- Interpret the results of neuroimaging studies, such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT), and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Compare measurements of heart wall thickness and chamber sizes to standard norms to identify abnormalities.
- Operate diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system.
- Activate fluoroscope and camera to produce images used to guide catheter through cardiovascular system.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for treatment delivery using image guided radiation therapy.
- Identify and outline bodily structures using imaging procedures, such as x-ray, magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, or positron emission tomography.
- Supervise or perform simulations for tumor localizations using imaging methods such as magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, or positron emission tomography scans.
See more related occupations >>