Related Occupations for Task
29-1171.00 - Nurse Practitioners
Related occupations for task:
Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Provide counseling to patient and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance.
- Provide patients with information about the inheritance of conditions such as breast, ovarian, prostate and colon cancer; cardiovascular disease; Alzheimer's disease; and diabetes.
- Provide information about the physical and emotional processes involved in the pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum periods.
- Provide postpartum patients with contraceptive and family planning information.
- Inform patients of how to prepare and supply birth sites.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Collaborate with patients to plan for future health care needs or to coordinate transitions and referrals.
- Discuss illnesses and treatments with patients and family members.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Communicate examination results or diagnostic information to referring physicians, patients, or families.
See all 13 related occupations >>