Related occupations for task:
Educate patients and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques or strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
||Low Vision Therapists, Orientation and Mobility Specialists, and Vision Rehabilitation Therapists
- Train clients to use tactile, auditory, kinesthetic, olfactory, and proprioceptive information.
- Teach clients to travel independently, using a variety of actual or simulated travel situations or exercises.
- Teach independent living skills or techniques, such as adaptive eating, medication management, diabetes management, and personal management.
- Train clients to read or write Braille.
- Counsel and instruct patients and their families in techniques to improve hearing and communication related to hearing loss.
- Instruct patients, parents, teachers, or employers in communication strategies to maximize effective receptive communication.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises or the use of medications or respiratory equipment.
- Perform bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct patients in performance of breathing exercises.
||Physical Therapist Assistants
- Instruct patients in proper body mechanics and in ways to improve functional mobility, such as aquatic exercise.
- Teach group exercise for low-, medium-, or high-risk clients to improve participant strength, flexibility, endurance, or circulatory functioning.
See all 11 related occupations >>