Related Occupations for Task
31-1121.00 - Home Health Aides
Related occupations for task:
Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Administer medication, immunizations, or blood plasma to animals as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Administer anesthetics during surgery and monitor the effects on animals.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Perform saline flushes or dispense anticoagulant drugs, such as Heparin, through intravenous (IV) lines, in accordance with licensing restrictions and under the direction of a medical doctor.
- Administer subcutaneous or intramuscular injects, in accordance with licensing restrictions.
- Administer medications or treatments, such as catheterizations, suppositories, irrigations, enemas, massages, or douches, as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Perform nursing duties, such as administering medications, measuring vital signs, collecting specimens, or drawing blood samples.