Related occupations for task:
Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Proofread and perform quality control of text and images.
- Examine photographic images for obvious imperfections prior to plate making.
- Perform tests to determine lengths of exposures, by exposing plates, scanning line copy, and comparing exposures to tone range scales.
- Analyze originals to evaluate color density, gradation highlights, middle tones, and shadows, using densitometers and knowledge of light and color.
- Inspect developed film for specified results and quality, using magnifying glasses and scopes, forwarding acceptable negatives or positives to other workers or to customers.
||Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Review computer-processed digital images for quality.
- Examine developed prints for defects, such as broken lines, spots, or blurs.
- Examine quality of film fades or dissolves for potential color corrections, using color analyzers.
- Examine drawings, negatives, or photographic prints to determine coloring, shading, accenting, or other changes required for retouching or restoration.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Take product samples during or after processing for laboratory analyses.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Print proofs or examine designs to verify accuracy of engraving, and rework engraving as required.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Collect and test water and sewage samples, using test equipment and color analysis standards.
See more related occupations >>