Related occupations for task:
Create prints according to customer specifications and laboratory protocols.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Generate prepress proofs in digital or other format to approximate the appearance of the final printed piece.
- Perform "preflight" check of required font, graphic, text and image files to ensure completeness prior to delivery to printer.
- Operate and maintain laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates without the use of film.
- Operate presses to print proofs of plates, monitoring printing quality to ensure that it is adequate.
- Arrange and mount typeset material and illustrations into paste-ups for printing reproduction, based on artists' or editors' layouts.
- Operate and maintain a variety of cameras and equipment, such as process, line, halftone, and color separation cameras, enlargers, electronic scanners, and contact equipment.
- Scale copy for reductions and enlargements, using proportion wheels.
- Activate scanners to produce positive or negative films for the black-and-white, cyan, yellow, and magenta separations from each original copy.
- Perform close alignment or registration of double and single flats to sensitized plates prior to exposure to produce composite images.
- Mount negatives and plates in cameras, set exposure controls, and expose plates to light through negatives to transfer images onto plates.
||Printing Press Operators
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.