Related occupations for task:
Perform postural drainage, percussions, or vibrations or teach deep breathing exercises to treat respiratory conditions.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage.
- Prepare and blend oils and apply the blends to clients' skin.
- Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to promote clients' recovery, relaxation, and well-being.
||Physical Therapist Aides
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Train patients to use orthopedic braces, prostheses, or supportive devices.
||Occupational Therapy Aides
- Instruct patients and families in work, social, and living skills, the care and use of adaptive equipment, and other skills to facilitate home and work adjustment to disability.
||Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Instruct, or assist in instructing, patients and families in home programs, basic living skills, or the care and use of adaptive equipment.
||Home Health Aides
- Massage patients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
See all 8 related occupations >>