Related Occupations for Task
31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic drug levels.
- Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
- Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Record height or weight of patients.
- Collect specimens, such as urine, feces, or sputum.
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Perform nursing duties, such as administering medications, measuring vital signs, collecting specimens, or drawing blood samples.
- Interview patients upon admission and record information.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Harvest cell cultures at optimum time, based on knowledge of cell cycle differences and culture conditions.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating, and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
See more related occupations >>