Related Occupations for Task
31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Disinfect or sterilize equipment or supplies, using germicides or sterilizing equipment.
- Clean equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance.
- Collect and transport infectious or hazardous waste in closed containers for sterilization or disposal, in accordance with applicable law, standards, or policies.
- Collect soiled linen or trash.
- Separate collected materials for disposal, recycling, or reuse, in accordance with environmental policies.
- Supply, collect, or empty bedpans.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Clean instruments to prepare them for sterilization.
- Disinfect and sterilize equipment such as respirators, hospital beds, or oxygen or dialysis equipment, using sterilizers, aerators, or washers.
- Purge wastes from equipment by connecting equipment to water sources and flushing water through systems.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize instruments or equipment.
- Provide assistance with euthanasia of animals or disposal of corpses.
See all 10 related occupations >>