Related Occupations for Task
29-1123.00 - Physical Therapists
Related occupations for task:
Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Provide information about the physical and emotional processes involved in the pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum periods.
- Refer patients to specialists for procedures such as ultrasounds or biophysical profiles.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Provide postpartum patients with contraceptive and family planning information.
- Inform patients of how to prepare and supply birth sites.
- Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Provide counseling to patient and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance.
- Provide patients with information about the inheritance of conditions such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, and various forms of cancer.
- Refer patients to specialists or community resources.
- Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions, such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Consult with, or refer patients to, appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Collaborate with patients to plan for future health care needs or to coordinate transitions and referrals.
- Refer patients for specialty consultations or treatments.
- Discuss illnesses and treatments with patients and family members.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Refer patients to other health professionals or agencies when appropriate.
See more related occupations >>