Related occupations for task:
Prepare or edit organizational publications, such as employee newsletters or stockholders' reports, for internal or external audiences.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Write text, such as stories, articles, editorials, or newsletters.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
||Reporters and Correspondents
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
- Review written, audio, or video copy and correct errors in content, grammar, or punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Write online blog entries that address news developments or offer additional information, opinions, or commentary on news events.
- Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions.
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Develop or maintain online help documentation.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
||Broadcast News Analysts
- Write commentaries, columns, or scripts, using computers.
- Edit news material to ensure that it fits within available time or space.
||Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
- Revise written material to meet personal standards and to satisfy needs of clients, publishers, directors, or producers.
- Adapt text to accommodate musical requirements of composers and singers.
See all 16 related occupations >>