Related occupations for task:
Provide customer assistance and information, such as giving directions or handling wheelchairs.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Reassure passengers when situations, such as turbulence, are encountered.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
||Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants
- Secure passengers for transportation by buckling seatbelts or fastening wheelchairs with tie-down straps.
- Respond to passengers' questions, requests, or complaints.
- Provide customers with information on routes, gates, prices, timetables, terminals, or concourses.
- Greet passengers boarding transportation equipment and announce routes and stops.
- Adjust window shades or seat cushions at the request of passengers.
||Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Announce stops to passengers.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Adjust controls to regulate air-conditioning, heating, and lighting on trains for comfort of passengers.
- Answer questions from passengers concerning train rules, stations, and timetable information.
||Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
- Determine fares based on trip distances and times, using taximeters and fee schedules, and announce fares to passengers.
- Provide passengers with information about the local area and points of interest or give advice on hotels and restaurants.
See all 12 related occupations >>