Related occupations for task:
Generate prepress proofs in digital or other format to approximate the appearance of the final printed piece.
||Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Create prints according to customer specifications and laboratory protocols.
- Produce color or black-and-white photographs, negatives, or slides, applying standard photographic reproduction techniques and procedures.
- Set or adjust machine controls, according to specifications, type of operation, or material requirements.
- Reprint originals for enlargement or in sections to be pieced together.
- Operate machines to prepare circuit boards and to expose, develop, etch, fix, wash, dry, or print film or plates.
- Thread filmstrips through densitometers or sensitometers and expose film to light to determine density of film, necessary color corrections, or light sensitivity.
- Produce timed prints with separate densities or color settings for each scene of a production.
- Set automatic timers, lens openings, and printer carriages to specified focus and exposure times and start exposure to duplicate originals, photographs, or negatives.
||Printing Press Operators
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.