Related occupations for task:
Prepare project plans for equipment or facility improvements, including time lines, budgetary estimates, or capital spending requests.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Plan and implement laboratory operations to develop material and fabrication procedures that meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
See more related occupations >>