Related occupations for task:
Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
||Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering, and management personnel.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
See more related occupations >>