Related occupations for task:
Transmit news stories or reporting information from remote locations, using equipment such as satellite phones, telephones, fax machines, or modems.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Play and record broadcast programs, using automation systems.
- Set up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
- Select sources from which programming will be received or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Install broadcast equipment, troubleshoot equipment problems, and perform maintenance or minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
- Align antennae with receiving dishes to obtain the clearest signal for transmission of broadcasts from field locations.
- Make commercial dubs.
- Set up and operate portable field transmission equipment outside the studio.
||Media Programming Directors
- Operate and maintain on-air and production audio equipment.
- Direct setup of remote facilities and install or cancel programs at remote stations.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Film
- Set up and perform live shots for broadcast.
- Set up and operate electric news gathering (ENG) microwave vehicles to gather and edit raw footage on location to send to television affiliates for broadcast.
||Media Technical Directors/Managers
- Operate equipment to produce programs or broadcast live programs from remote locations.
||Film and Video Editors
- Set up and operate computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
See all 7 related occupations >>